Jayapura, Jubi – Derianus Pekei, one of the victims of shooting by Brimob unit in Deiyai, August 1, 2017, is now brought to West Jakarta Siloam Hospital.
This would be the third reference from previously incentive treatment at RSUD Nabire, Jayapura Hospital, and Wahiddin Hospital Makassar.
According to Deputy Director of RSUD Jayapura, dr. Anton Mote, in Abepura, Monday (October 10) Derianus brought to Makassar based on normal consideration, meaning that the surgery can be conducted in normal situation.
But it is getting worse, “Because the target location of the bullet pieces hit his pelvic area,” said Mote.
Derian was referred to West Jakarta under consideration of Wahidin hospital medical team who saw the condition of patient is getting weaker. “He was flown Saturday, October 7, 2017,” add Anton.
Derian who had been treated in RSUD Nabire and RSUD Dok II Jayapura is still very weak with emergence problem in the lungs. Anton expects Siloam hospital can give him maximum treatment.
According to him, Derianus was accompanied by two doctors when he was referred to Jakarta, one from Jayapura and another is from RS Wahidin Makassar.
According to Anton Mote, if the surgery successful to take out the bullet flake, he still need health recovery for up to five years.
“So, we need all prayer and support from all parties, especially families,” he said.
Derianus family representative, Marko Pekei said the financing treatment is handled by the Government of Deiyai and the Government of Papua Province.
The family is only rely on the treatment and asked the local government of Deiyai and Pemrov Papua to provide enough fund to support the process of operation. (tabloidjubi.com/Zely)