Connect with us

Headlines

Minister Nahrawi Accused of Destroying Papuan Football

Published

on

Persipura's supporter while hold a demonstration on last year - Jubi

Persipura’s supporter while hold a demonstration on last year – Jubi

Jayapura, Jubi – The Minister of Youth and Sport Imam Nahrawi is destroying Papuan football, said former Persipura player Nico Dimo.

He said the league competitions in Indonesia are currently suspended following the decision taken by the minister to freeze the Indonesian Football Association (PSSI) that resulted in the termination of the Indonesian Super League (ISL) football competition and despaired Persipura to compete in the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Cup on last year.

Further, Papuan football team for Pre-National Sport Event (PON) that previously won the regional champion on the early match held in Jayapura must do a rematch to ensure their participation in football competition of PON that held in West Java, Dimo told Jubi on Friday (12/2/2016).

“And now how dare is the President Jokowi to remove the Minister of Youth and Sport from his cabinet. Many people are certainly expecting the president can do it if he loved his people and Indonesian football,” he said.

In addition, he said, now FIFA rejected the minister’s letter asking FIFA’s recognition on the Ad Hoc team proposed by the government although FIFA actually has formed the PSSI Reform Ad Hoc Committee led by Agum Gumelar.

“The solution is now up to Jokowi, who has been elected by the Indonesian people including Papuan people,” he said.

During the time, the government looked reluctant to work with the PSSI Reform Ad Hoc Committee considering the team is a form of the violation of commitment by FIFA official against the Indonesian Government when met the President Joko Widodo at the early of November last year.

At that time, FIFA agreed with the Indonesian Government to form a small team to hold communication with FIFA related to the progress of the Indonesian football. The small team has been established and consisted of Gatot S Dewa Broto, the late Joko Susilo, former Indonesian Sport Committee Chairwoman Rita Subowo, former Director General of Asia Africa Makarim Wibisono, and representative of former national player Dede Sulaiman as members.

Later, FIFA stated to form a PSSI Reform Ad Hoc Team by involving the national football stakeholders represented government, PSSI, PT. Liga Indonesia and player representatives. The government considered this as violation of agreement made between the Indonesian Government and FIFA.

However, PSSI Reform Ad Hoc Committee is optimistic the dispute on national football could be solved before the FIFA Extraordinaty Congress that would be held in Zurich, Switzerland on 26 February.  The Ad Hoc Committee Chairman Agum Gumelar said the minister is now on the same point with the team.

“At least we have same motivation with the minister to resolve the problem on national football. I see the minister also doesn’t want the sanction of FIFA to Indonesia would be lasted. Our discussion is also the same, it is related to the future of national football,” said Gumelar as cited in online media.

He said the key is the government want to get involved in the committee. The reform of national football could run smoothly due to good communication of both sides. Thus the committee could find out the government aspirations and vice versa. “But I am optimistic that the committee and the government would work together to solve this problem,” he said. (Arjuna Pademme/rom)

Environment

Freeport, the entrance to evaluates all investments in Papua

Published

on

By

Demonstration held by Papua Community Solidarity Forum Freeport (FMPPF) in Papua House of Representatives Office, Thursday, 9 August 2018. – Jubi / Arjuna Pademme

Jayapura, Jubi – Second Deputy Chairperson of Papua House of Representatives Fernando Yansen A Tinal said PT Freeport Indonesia is the entrance to evaluate all companies that invest in Papua.

“I have captured the points that there is a need to be open and involved the indigenous Papuans as the landowners in every investment in Papua,” he said after the meeting with Papua Community Solidarity Forum (FMPPF) who held a rally in the parking of Papua House of Representative on Thursday (9 / 8/2018).

So far, he added, every negotiation with PTFI has almost not involved the indigenous people.

In the rally which coincided with the commemoration of the International Indigenous Day, the FMPPF chairman Samuel Tabuni and the field coordinator Yusak Andato read 12 points of statements in public. One of the points is requesting the Papua House of Representative and the Papua People’s Assembly to establish a special commission to evaluate all national and international investment operating in the land of Papua, particularly PT Freeport Indonesia in Timika and British Petroleum in Sorong, West Papua Province. (*)

 

Reporter: Arjuna Pademme

Editor: Pipit Maizier

Continue Reading

Headlines

Authority close the Illegal mine site in Korowai

Published

on

By

A helicopter for transporting goods and miners sealed by Papua Police. – Jubi / IST

Jayapura, Jubi – Acting Papua Governor Soedarmo confirmed that as of 10 August 2018, the illegal mine sites that had been operating in Korowai area had closed.

This closure was carried out by the acting governor himself who came to the mine sites accompanied by Papua Police Chief the Inspector General Boya Rafly and Cenderawasih Military Commander Major General George E. Supit on Friday morning (08/10/2018).

“That’s right,” he replied when being asked for confirmation about the closure of the illegal mine sites in Korowai on Friday afternoon. Further, he said Papua Police also sealed the helicopters which had been used to transport the miners and goods.

The closure of this illegal mine got an appreciation from a member of the Papuan House of Representatives John Gobay. He said this is a good step, but he reminded of the possibility of such mine sites in Korowai or Deguwo to re-operate. (*)

 

Reporter: Alexander Loen

Editor: Pipit Maizier

Continue Reading

Economy

Women protest the electricity cut off

Published

on

By

Indigenous women traders who barred the road in front of the market due to the electricity cut off by PLN. – Jubi / IST

Jayapura, Jubi – Dozens of indigenous women who are selling local products at the traditional market ‘Pasar Mama-Mama Papua’ blocked the road in front of the market on Friday afternoon (8/10/2018) to protest the National Electricity Company (PLN) for cutting off the electricity at the market for several hours due to late payment for the last four months amounted to Rp 60 million.

The coordinator for the Solidarity for indigenous Papuan traders (Solpap) Franky Warer said it just happened spontaneously because of their disappointment. “The electricity was cut off at around 11.00 Papua time when I was still at home, then someone called me. I then went to the market and called the mayor,” Warer told Jubi by phone on Friday evening (08/10/18).

After that, he said, the Municipal Government agreed to contact the PLN and the electricity in the market turned normal at around 18:00 Papua time.

Meanwhile, the Papuan legislator John NR Gobai commented that relevant parties should pay attention to this matter for not outsizing the traders. “This market is managed under the Trade and Industry Office of Jayapura Municipal Government. So the agency needs to find a solution immediately,” he said. (*)

 

Reporter: Arjuna Pademme

Editor: Pipit Maizier

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending