Connect with us

Law and Crime

Papua Election Commission Investigating Alleged Embezzlement at KPU Sarmi

Published

on

Ilustration - suplied

Ilustration – suplied

Jayapura, Jubi – The General Election Commission (KPU) in Papua Province sent a team of inspectors to Sarmi to investigate the alleged misuse of Rp 10 billion in election funds.

KPU Papua commissioner Isack Hikoyabi told Antara in Jayapura on Monday the team was led by Maruhum Pasaribu.
The Sarmi government has disbursed Rp 10 billion of Rp 34 billion that KPU Sarmi proposed to finance the elections there.
“However, the 10 billion that has been disbursed was allegedly not used as it should. There are indications of embezzlement,” said Hikoyabi on Tuesday (20/9/2016).
Initial data indicating corruption included the cost for car rent, staff fees paid for eight months, and some other items that still need to be confirmed by the inspectorate team.
“The team will check all staffers of KPU Sarmi, after coordination with the Sarmi Regional Finance Agency,” he said.
When asked whether the investigation of the inspectorate team would interrupt the election process, Isack Hiyokabi stressed that it would not happen. “The election would be run as scheduled,” he said. (*/rom).

 

Headlines

Authority close the Illegal mine site in Korowai

Published

on

By

A helicopter for transporting goods and miners sealed by Papua Police. – Jubi / IST

Jayapura, Jubi – Acting Papua Governor Soedarmo confirmed that as of 10 August 2018, the illegal mine sites that had been operating in Korowai area had closed.

This closure was carried out by the acting governor himself who came to the mine sites accompanied by Papua Police Chief the Inspector General Boya Rafly and Cenderawasih Military Commander Major General George E. Supit on Friday morning (08/10/2018).

“That’s right,” he replied when being asked for confirmation about the closure of the illegal mine sites in Korowai on Friday afternoon. Further, he said Papua Police also sealed the helicopters which had been used to transport the miners and goods.

The closure of this illegal mine got an appreciation from a member of the Papuan House of Representatives John Gobay. He said this is a good step, but he reminded of the possibility of such mine sites in Korowai or Deguwo to re-operate. (*)

 

Reporter: Alexander Loen

Editor: Pipit Maizier

Continue Reading

Headlines

Police come to ULMWP Region Animha during regional meeting

Published

on

By

Act of 1969 – WANI Tabloid

Jayapura, Jubi – The local police came to the regional meeting of the United Liberation Movement for West Papua (ULMWP) Region Animha which attended by regional leaders and delegates that held in their office in Merauke on Saturday (7/29/2018).

According to Deputy Chairperson of the ULMWP Region Animha, Ms Pangkrasia Yeem in a statement received by Jubi on Friday (08/03/2018), Merauke Police leading by the Head of Regional Police Intelligence Budi Santoso had entered the ULMWP Office without permission when the meeting had just finished.

“They asked what the meeting was about,” told Yeem. Then she explained to the police that it was the first meeting after the ULMWP Region Animha declared on 14 July 2018. “And the ULMWP has been sitting together with Indonesia in the Melanesian Spearhead Group,” she said.

After the visit, the ULMWP Region Animha continued their discussion on Thursday (08/02/2018) and read a statement rejecting the results of the 1969 Act of Free Choice. The event was held in the ULMWP Region Animha office and run smoothly.

In her statement, the Deputy Chairperson of the ULMWP Region Animha Pangkrasia Yeem said that the Act of Free Choice occurred 49 years ago in Papua from 14 July to 20 August 1969 was not valid because of not in accordance the international mechanisms.

“Its implementation was also full of intimidation, terror and manipulation. In practice, Indonesia mobilized the troops on a large scale to Papua to overcome the Free Papua movement,” she said. (*)

Reporter: Zely Ariane

Editor: Pipit Maizier

Continue Reading

Headlines

Deiyai youth figures talk about a year after bloody Oneibo case

Published

on

By

Illustration of human rights. Pixabay.com/Jubi

Jayapura, Jubi – Deiyai youth Domininggus Badii said that it was a year right the tragedy of Bloody Oneibo occurred on 1 August 2018. But this incident has continuously kept in people’s memory.

“Though it already passed, the community is still trauma by the incident,” he said. Further, he said the incident involved an officer who shot a civilian when the company PT. Putra Dewa asked for back up to secure the dispute between locals and the company.

Meanwhile, another Deiyai youth Alex Giyai said there is nothing more alive than an injury but the pain and the inability to forget.

“We ask the central, national as well as local governments and the National Human Rights Commission, both provincial and regional House of Representatives to immediately resolve the Oneibo case, but it has not happened for over a year,” he said. (*)

 

Reporter: Hengky Yeimo

Editor: Pipit Maizier

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending